SKIN REJUVENTATION: HOW RED LIGHT THERAPY HELPS YOU DEFY AGINGapccrm
Red light therapy offers powerful rejuvenation capabilities, restoring skin elasticity, building new collagen, and wiping away the signs of aging.
Wrinkles, laugh lines, crow’s feet – there’s a veritable army of forces arrayed against you. Their only goal? To mar your appearance. We’re talking about the forces of aging here, and fighting back against them can seem incredibly challenging. You’ve tried creams and toners, powders and lotions, all to little avail.
There is a new weapon in the war against aging, though. Red light therapy promises to help rejuvenate your skin, restore your youthful glow, and more.
What is red light therapy, how does it work, and can it really help restore your youth?
What Is Red Light Therapy for the Skin?
Red light therapy is nothing more than bathing the skin in specific wavelengths of red and near infrared light. These wavelengths trigger activity within your skin cells, boosting their ability to heal and repair damage, fight free radicals and oxidative stress, and more.
If you haven’t heard of red light therapy, or RLT, you might be more familiar with it as soft laser therapy, cold laser therapy, or photonic stimulation. These are just a few of the names used to describe the technology. It’s been around since the early 1990s, at least in experimental forms, and has been used for a wide range of things. In fact, it actually began as a way to help grow plants in space. The findings of that experiment led to an explosion of uses for red light and infrared light therapy for human beings.
How Does Red Light Therapy Work?
When your skin is exposed to the right wavelength of red or near infrared light, you’ll feel a slight warmth, but may not see any light at all depending on the wavelength selected. These wavelengths strike the skin and are absorbed by the cells. There, they do something incredible – they energize your skin’s cells.
Red light wavelengths produce a biochemical effect that improves the way mitochondria work. This allows the cell to produce more ATP, or adenosine triphosphate, which is the fuel source for all cellular functions. With more fuel available and more energetic mitochondria, your skin cells become more efficient at repairing damage and at removing toxins.
Benefit of Red Light Therapy for Skin Health
When cells have more energy and operate more efficiently, all their functions improve. For your skin, this means critical changes in things that directly affect the formation and appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and other problems. Red light therapy is able to rejuvenate your skin due to the following changes:
- Collagen is naturally produced by the body. It’s a type of connective tissue that supports the skin on your face and ensures elasticity. It’s also an important element for imparting strength to hair, and also plays a role in joint health, nail health, and more. Over time, your body begins producing less and less collagen. This thins the skin, but also allows wrinkles and lines to form and become permanent (because the skin is less elastic). It also affects your hair, nails, and joints. With red light therapy, the body once more begins producing higher amounts of collagen, which plump up the skin, reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It also improves your complexion and skin tone, while simultaneously rebuilding collagen-based connective tissues throughout the body.
- Clearer Skin– Your skin can be marred by many problems, particularly acne. Red light therapy has shown promise in alleviating chronic acne, as well as the occasional outbreak. How does light improve acne? It’s all about inflammation, really. Red light therapy has been used to treat wounds and even auto-immune conditions because it reduces inflammation. Acne is a type of inflammation, and red light therapy can help soothe inflamed tissues, reducing the appearance of acne breakouts on your face and other parts of your body. You’ll also find that the right wavelengths reduce oil production and kill harmful bacteria, leading to a naturally clearer complexion over time.
Other Uses and Benefits of Red Light Therapy
In addition to its role as the fountain of youth, red light therapy is also being used in a wide range of other areas, including the following:
- Wound healing – RLT is being used to help treat patients with wounds that are slow or non-healing.
- Post-surgery – RLT delivers benefits to patients recovering from surgery, reducing their recovery time, as well as their discomfort.
- Scar tissue – RLT’s ability to jump start the body’s regenerative capabilities means that it is a powerful tool in reducing the appearance, thickness, and stiffness of scar tissue.
- Joint pain – RLT is currently being used to help treat joint pain for sufferers of conditions like osteoarthritis.
- Sleep health – The right wavelength of red light is able to improve the body’s production of melatonin, a hormone related to sleep health, which boosts your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Is Red Light Therapy Safe?
Yes, red light therapy has been proven to be very safe. Understand that this is not the same thing as laser therapy – there is no damage to the skin. In other types of treatments, high-energy light is used to vaporize the uppermost layer of skin. In RLT, that’s not the case. The warmth is low-key and gentle.
The wavelengths painlessly penetrate the skin, where they activate the cells’ mitochondria. There’s also no fear of overdoing it. There are no damaging UV rays here, so you could soak in red light 24 hours per day and suffer no ill effects from it. Of course, there are also no potentially dangerous pharmaceuticals involved – it’s completely natural light and nothing more.
Who Benefits from RLT?
Who is the right candidate for red light therapy? Actually, anyone can benefit. If you have already noticed the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, this technology can help stimulate collagen production and reduce them. However, it is also useful for those whose skin is still young and healthy. Red light therapy can be an important tool in your daily beauty regimen and help ensure that you stave off the signs of aging for as long as possible.
There’s nothing quite as indulgent and relaxing as a spa treatment, but who has the time to go every day? Red light therapy is most effective when performed daily. You only need between 10 and 15 minutes per day, but regular exposure to the right wavelength of light is vital. That makes home-based RLT devices better options because you’re able to use them when and where you want. You’ll find a wide range of devices on the market, from masks to full-body arrays but there’s no doubt that our Solbasium products have been specifically designed to be a more durable, longer lasting and user-friendly device.
Red light therapy is a powerful tool that allows you to fight back against the aging process. Youthful, beautiful skin, stronger hair and nails, and even reduced pain and inflammation are just some of the benefits offered. Plus, it’s all-natural and comes with no harmful side effects.
At Solbasium, our port
PICKING YOUR RED LIGHT THERAPY DEVICE
- When picking a red light therapy product, there a few things to consider when making this decision. Make sure you are buying a high-quality device backed up by an industry-leading warranty like Solbasium. Most companies choose to offer two or three-year warranties while Solbasium gives you peace of mind knowing that you are buying a product that lasts. Before you buy a red light therapy device, be sure that the company has a strong warranty and return policy in place.
- Take into consideration the price of the device. You don’t have to break the bank to reap the rewards of red light therapy. Most red light therapy devices on the market are overpriced and under deliver on quality, power output, and craftsmanship.
- Another item to consider when picking a red light therapy device is the size of the unit. The Solbasium devices range from portable solutions all the way up to full body treatment options. When picking a device, take into consideration the area being treated, and don’t forget that along with using red light therapy for hair loss a larger device will give the ability to experience other many benefits.
- Make sure that you pick a device that outputs at least 100 mW/CM2 of irradiance. Irradiance is the amount of power that light produces over a given area. This is the amount of light that will be delivered to your body over a given area.
SOLBASIUM RED LIGHT THERAPY
Solbasium is the leading innovator and manufacturer of red light therapy devices in the world. All Solbasium red light therapy products are backed with our industry-leading warranty. It’s our goal to deliver the best overall customer experience to you, and that’s why when you choose Solbasium, you’ll have a human being there to guide you and help through your red light therapy journey. If you have any questions, you can call our toll free number or send us an email.